Monday, October 27, 2014

Cheetos Bag of Bones


It's crunch time here on The Holidaze and I'm not talking about bone-crunching action!  We're only 4 days away from Halloween and it's time to roll out all the amazing products I've been sitting on for the last few weeks.  A lot of writers tend to bring you these things as soon as their released, usually in hopes of being the first so that their number of hits increase and more people click those ads.  Personally, I couldn't care less about any of that.  I'm here to celebrate!  I'm here to create an experience - for you and me - and this week is most important of them all!  Sure, I could have talked about Twinkies and Krispy Kreme Donuts a few weeks ago, but this is the main event!  If I did that, all I'd have left are granola bars.  That doesn't end the season on a high note and it's my goal to roll out the All-Star lineup.

It's Halloweek!

When it comes to Halloween, Frito-Lay obviously devotes their time to the Cheetos brand when throwing their hat into the ring.  Cheetos has entered the squared-circle in the past with their glow-in-the-dark bags, changing colors, and beautifully designed bags, but never have they gone this far above and beyond.  The new Cheetos Bag of Bones take things to new levels for the world of Halloween chips and, really, the bar couldn't be set too much higher.  From here on out, any major chip company looking to take their piece of the pie is going to have to go through Frito-Lay and Cheetos.  This year, in terms of appearance and flavor, they blew the roof off this joint!


If you've yet to see this awesome bag of Cheetos, it's something to behold.  First off, before we get to the obvious headliner, let's talk about the design.  It's been a long time since I've seen a purple bag of Cheetos and that alone brings back happy memories.  Anybody remember Cheetos Cheesy Checkers?  I type this at the risk of sounding like a 15-year-old girl but... "O..M..G!"  They were the most amazing chips I've ever experienced in my life and I often joke that they were my crack because I was overly addicted.  I'd go down to the corner store and literally wipe them out.  30 bags let?  30 bags coming home with me and that's no exaggeration!  My cousin and I were hooked and while I've found no images or proof of their existence on the Internet, I know they came in a purple bag and that's what this reminds me of in terms of color.  But throw a few lightning bolts and some spooky fonts on there and we're watching a whole new ball-game.

Oh, and yeah, the chips are shaped... like BONES!!  


Cheetos, going the extra mile or three, invites us to indulge in their white cheddar deliciousness while building our own skeleton.  Provided are 4 bone shapes that, when put together, create a cheesy man for our edible enjoyment.  Seriously guys, this takes the game to new heights.  We're used to getting fancy bags and cool packaging, but I can't remember the last time a company released specifically designed Halloween shapes to celebrated the season, if ever at all.  On top of that, how morbid?  It could have been some type of monster or Chester Cheetah, but they chose to sell us a bag of damn bones.  Ahh, I don't think I can praise them enough.  Cheetos has certainly outdone themselves while embarrassing the competition, but we gotta put these snacks to the taste test before giving these a 10 outta 10.


Fresh from his crypt, straight from his casket, this old bloke has emerged from the afterlife to bring you undeniable flavor.  Yes, without a doubt, this is one of the best products of 2014 and, in all honesty, one of my favorite Halloween treats of all-time!  Not only do they look cool and give us justification for playing with our food, but these Cheetos Bag of Bones taste amazingly good.  I wasn't sure what to expect from White Cheddar Cheetos because the only white cheddar I ever eat comes in popcorn form, but these far exceeded expectations and then some.  This bag went really fast.  Between my Girlfriend and I, this boney bunch was gone by the end of the night.  My only complaint?  I didn't buy multiple bags!


Between now and Halloween, I'm going to be talking about a variety of products - some good, some ehh - but they're mostly all highly recommended.  This one is extremely recommended.  Who woulda thought a bag of chips would be able to capture the Halloween spirit and playfulness that comes with it.  At a time where we shouldn't take the world so serious, this is the perfect treat to remind us of that.  Sit back, make a boney skeleton (as if there we any other,) and pack on a few L-B's before November 1st.  I'm telling ya.. it's worth it!


10 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...